www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Trackers / Re: Trash to Tracker, Xl350
« Last post by irk miller on Jan 19, 2018, 23:06:41 »
Im good with the i stall Of the bearings, more of the removal Im not familiar with

It's the opposite.  Heat the hub outside of the bearing and they will pop out easy.
Cafe Racers / Re: Tire size help!
« Last post by Tim on Jan 19, 2018, 22:29:46 »
There are a few tables out there (Avon has one) to suggest tire:rim width combinations.

But it sounds like you're not sure if a 140 tire will fit in the CB750 swingarm?  It might.  From what I recall, 130 is tight and might rub the chain guard.
Cafe Racers / Re: Tire size help!
« Last post by Nebr_Rex on Jan 19, 2018, 21:39:00 »
http://www.buchananspokes.com/

So you think that SOHC 750 will need that much tire or is this an exercise in "curb appeal"?

Wheels Tires and Brakes / Re: Comstars + gsx-r front end
« Last post by morgs88 on Jan 19, 2018, 19:22:08 »
Gsxr forks...
Cbr forks....

No matter what they are.
Upside down forks looks the dogs nuts on any older bike. Shame people want 300 quid plus for a old pair. Seen bent pairs go for 100

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
Loungin at da club / Re: Post a pic of your latest purchase
« Last post by morgs88 on Jan 19, 2018, 19:16:34 »

Number plate holder and rear light! Seat also!

Trackers / Re: Trash to Tracker, Xl350
« Last post by 2strokeTRush on Jan 19, 2018, 18:45:45 »
Freeze your bearings, get some correct size PVC for each bearing. Clean the seat, drop them in and usually one or two good taps with a  mallet on the PVC should seat them good. Be very careful not to overdo it, as they CAN be seated too far and bind on the inner axle spacer.

If you go with the eBay spokes, they work ok but the fitment sucks, all the angles are a little off and I had to seat them with a rubber mallet to get them trued.

Im good with the i stall Of the bearings, more of the removal Im not familiar with
Loungin at da club / Re: Post a pic of your latest purchase
« Last post by WhyNot on Jan 19, 2018, 18:13:38 »
Thanks John.............................frame to play with.

Starting to gather bits and pieces to at least get a roller for now.

Loooooooonnng way to go.
Electrical / Re: GSX-R Hand Controls + Honda CB750 Wiring Harness
« Last post by rs_ss350 on Jan 19, 2018, 17:30:02 »
Thanks guys - I appreciate all this info!  This is indeed my first build, but I would like to build more "BSA" bikes after this one, so learning as much as possible from the experts here.  Thanks again :)
Politics / Religion / Debates / Re: Kartoon Korner!
« Last post by stroker crazy on Jan 19, 2018, 17:20:24 »
Restorations / Re: 68 Ducati 250 SSS minus an S
« Last post by Texasstar on Jan 19, 2018, 16:23:47 »
I'm right there with ya on that. I bought an NOS part a few years back. Took it apart and cleaned/lubed everything but it never did get to the point I thought it would work very well. Ended up buying a modern throttle instead. Won't impress the purists but it should work better. Well, should work better if I ever finish the bike. Neither one seems to sit on the shelf any better than the other...
On another note. Concerning the rear shocks...what was the stock length, spring rate, was Ducati the manufacturer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10