www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: 75 CL360 Cafe Build  (Read 22372 times)

Offline TFWG

• CL350 Project
71 CB350 Cafe Project
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2011, 01:31:26 »
I talked to the painter about a week and a half ago and he said it would be ready last weekend. He never called me and I tried calling and emailing him but his answering machine is full and he's not responding to emails. The paint should be pretty much done now so I might just surprise him and stop by his shop so I can friggin get a hold of him. I'm really getting irritated because it's been like three months now. Hopefully I can pick up the bike this week though.
1971 CL350 Project In Progress
350racer.blogspot.com

Offline MrMister

Re: 71 CB350 Cafe Project
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2011, 23:13:15 »
Seems like its an international thing then. Must be all the paint fumes  :P

I talked to the painter about a week and a half ago and he said it would be ready last weekend. He never called me and I tried calling and emailing him but his answering machine is full and he's not responding to emails. The paint should be pretty much done now so I might just surprise him and stop by his shop so I can friggin get a hold of him. I'm really getting irritated because it's been like three months now. Hopefully I can pick up the bike this week though.

Offline TFWG

• CL350 Project
71 CB350 Cafe Project
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2011, 03:10:43 »
The paint is basically done now. Just waiting on the final details to be done. Hopefully I should have it back within two weeks. Can't wait to start riding again!
1971 CL350 Project In Progress
350racer.blogspot.com

Offline jeffreyhardy

• Jeffrey
    • jeffreyblogs.com
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2011, 04:22:23 »
I think you may need to put on the leather jacket and kick some painter ass! lol. Seriously though can't wait to see the results. Some things are worth the wait you know

Offline MrMister

« Reply #74 on: Jun 04, 2011, 23:09:39 »
Been a bit busy so i havent posted anything new in awhile. I got the new clip ons about a week ago and installed them. I was weighing up whether i should get a headlight with built in speedo/tacho or play around with what ive got. I still need a small speedometer that ill have to make a bracket for. But in the meantime i made a bracket for the stock rev counter and it came out better than i thought it would  ;D

Offline MrMister

« Reply #75 on: Jun 04, 2011, 23:17:09 »
Also got some new fuel lines. Found out the carburetors i got were different from eachother, 722 and 725 i think, so went back to the guy i got them from and he gladly exchanged the one. Hooked up the battery and found out the starter on the right hand control unit is busted, so i opened it up and saw someone rebuilt the thing at some point with makeshift items, so ill have to look for a new unit this coming week. Also bought a new clutch  cable, and might need a new front brake cable. Does anyone know if there are shorter front brake cables that would fit a cb350? It just looks really long installed with the clip ons.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2011, 10:51:47 by MrMister »

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #76 on: Jun 04, 2011, 23:49:49 »
Sorry I've missed out on the first few weeks of this thread!  Looks awesome.  Gotta go back and read the earlier posts.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline stript.714 o/c

• Monkey see monkey do is all i see now days!
« Reply #77 on: Jun 05, 2011, 01:37:45 »
Man what a restoration. from scrap metal to a nice little bike god job brother

Offline Grahamworks

• Grahamworks Gallery- my art website
71 CB350 Cafe Project
« Reply #78 on: Jun 05, 2011, 02:04:56 »
In this thread, it seems like this bike got really pretty, really fast. kudos on a nice ride, man.

Offline MrMister

« Reply #79 on: Jun 07, 2011, 11:50:29 »
Thanks for all the nice words guys. Still need rearsets that im waiting on, and a couple other minors to get her up and running. Shouldnt be long now  ;D  Ran into a spot of trouble with the starter button and tried fixing it, but like so many things on this bike, its been "fixed" before by the previous owner, so might ask my source what he'll charge for a right control unit. Oh, and had a nice surprise yesterday morning... The brake light i bought off ebay (3 months ago) arrived.