www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: 2 stroke oil in gas in 4 stroke engine: myth?  (Read 672 times)

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
Re: 2 stroke oil in gas in 4 stroke engine: myth?
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2019, 22:34:30 »
I've run the blue avgas many times.  Smells better than regular gas too.  100 octane.

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2019, 23:27:09 »
or......add a capful of either chilli or curry oil to a tank of fuel, it won't make any difference to the performance but will have anyone following you confused as fcuk wondering why they can smell indian food

this also works with diesel stinkbox cars, you can micro-filter used cooking oil and run it straight in place of the normal diesel, works fine, smells great and you save a shedload of cash because most restaurants will happily give you the used oil to get rid of it, otherwise they have to pay to get it taken away
however, in england and australia ( not sure about the US etc ) this is illegal.....by running a vehicle on something other than taxed fuel you are committing tax evasion
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Offline tahitianrider

• tomracingdesigns.com
« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2019, 07:26:59 »
or......add a capful of either chilli or curry oil to a tank of fuel, it won't make any difference to the performance but will have anyone following you confused as fcuk wondering why they can smell indian food

this also works with diesel stinkbox cars, you can micro-filter used cooking oil and run it straight in place of the normal diesel, works fine, smells great and you save a shedload of cash because most restaurants will happily give you the used oil to get rid of it, otherwise they have to pay to get it taken away
however, in england and australia ( not sure about the US etc ) this is illegal.....by running a vehicle on something other than taxed fuel you are committing tax evasion

Haha yeah it is the same here in France, illegal, some people did it but they got spotted quickly because of the great smell of fries trhough their exhaust.
'94 BMW K75 Racer
'84 Yamaha XJ 600 "Rocket" Racer
'76 CB 360 old school cafe
'96 CM 125 Brat bike
'80 CX 500 Racer
'73 CB350F Scrambler
'77 CB750F2
'70 CZ 125 vintage 2 stroke!
www.tomracingdesigns.com

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #13 on: Apr 10, 2019, 19:18:55 »
STP was around for years.  Slick 50 is another that used to be advertised as another miracle cure, that didn't seem to work as well in the real world as it did on TV.  There have been others including all sorts of Moly based lubes and things that supposedly bond at a molecular level with the engine parts.  So far I have yet to see any scientific proof that any of them work or are worth the cost.

Modern motors work well with relatively low viscosity oils and that is about as good as it gets.

Race gas with high octane is only a benefit if the ignition is advanced to take advantage of the extra knock resistance.  That said, VP U4.4 makes a difference to throttle response even on a regular car or truck but it costs around $20 bucks a gallon.  Not that I would ever tip the end of a can of race gas into a street car, but ........
I was over in Daytona for Bike-Week and saw an inline 6 running with no sump just the microlube additive. Engine was being driven by an electric motor but what made me stop and question salesperson was when he said it didn't need filling at every oil change as it 'became part of the metal'  I've seen research on micro lubes (and many of the claimed micro-lubes that don't work)  I know it's possible to get various surface treatments like DLC, etc but I'm not willing to spend $60.00+ to experiment with this stuff.  Just remembered I got a business card, it'sPetron Plus Formula 7Guess I'll look it up soon.As for two stroke oilin gas of 4 stroke, I'm another one who's only ever done it when out of gas and it's the only stuff I have on hand. Couldn't notice any difference at all.
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0