1997 BMW F650 ST Bluebird - Repair, maintain, ride.

adventurco

Nick Ol' Eye
DTT BOTM WINNER
canyoncarver said:
I put an slightly longer than stock aftermarket shift lever on my KLR. Took a try or two to get it right for my boots.
This is really what I need. The shifter is at least an inch shorter than I'd like.
 

trek97

Active Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
advCo said:
Actually I'm going to throw the boots away, wear flip flops and shift with my big toe.
Just cut the toes out of your boots, flip flop style.

 

adventurco

Nick Ol' Eye
DTT BOTM WINNER
Sir Longhorn hooked me up with these soft bags. Should be a perfect addition to the rig for this trip. Thanks dude!

The bags came with rain covers, which I assume aren’t for riding but more for parking overnight to keep things dry?
 

Attachments

canyoncarver

'hacking is learning'
DTT BOTM WINNER
advCo said:
Sir Longhorn hooked me up with these soft bags. Should be a perfect addition to the rig for this trip. Thanks dude!

The bags came with rain covers, which I assume aren’t for riding but more for parking overnight to keep things dry?
When it rains on the ride, pull over and put the rain covers on when you put your rain gear on. It'll keep the whole bag dry. They are not just for parking. If you ride without them in the rain, the water will find all kinds of ways into your bags, especially at speed. I also put certain things in ziplock bags as well.
 

adventurco

Nick Ol' Eye
DTT BOTM WINNER
canyoncarver said:
When it rains on the ride, pull over and put the rain covers on when you put your rain gear on. It'll keep the whole bag dry. They are not just for parking. If you ride without them in the rain, the water will find all kinds of ways into your bags, especially at speed. I also put certain things in ziplock bags as well.
Cool, that makes much more sense. I will probably grab a dry bag to put my clothes in, that way I don't have to worry too much about it.
 

canyoncarver

'hacking is learning'
DTT BOTM WINNER
advCo said:
Cool, that makes much more sense. I will probably grab a dry bag to put my clothes in, that way I don't have to worry too much about it.
Yeah, I use contractor grade trash bags on the insides sometimes and carry at least two extras. Way cheaper than dry bags and multi-use.
 

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
Get you some dry bags, like for kayaking. You can get sets of 3 or 4 in various sizes for like $15 at most sporting stores.
 

Maritime

Well-Known Member
I use the thick garbage bags and then good ziplocks for small stuff I want to stay dry. rain covers just add hassle.
 

JustinLonghorn

No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
I always carried my clothes in a dry sack stuffed in those bags. I would also do like Kelly said and put the rain covers on while I was getting my Frog Toggs on.
 

clem

static fluff
DTT BOTM WINNER
advCo said:
Sir Longhorn hooked me up with these soft bags. Should be a perfect addition to the rig for this trip. Thanks dude!

The bags came with rain covers, which I assume aren’t for riding but more for parking overnight to keep things dry?
That's the core of DDT right there. I figured old Justin was a good dude minus his accent. Let's just hope it doesn't rain during the daytime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app
 

canyoncarver

'hacking is learning'
DTT BOTM WINNER
JustinLonghorn said:
I always carried my clothes in a dry sack stuffed in those bags. I would also do like Kelly said and put the rain covers on while I was getting my Frog Toggs on.
Two thumbs up for Frog Toggs. It's what I use for my rain gear too.
 

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
Frogg Toggs got me through the microburst storm at Mid-O all dry two years ago.
 
Top Bottom