joeschuit said:I machined up an aluminum adapter to mount the new powerdynamo coils on the original mounts. I weighed the new coils and mount with the old coils and I save about 18 ounces. I also made up a sheet metal clamp that will go around the forks for my speed sensor. I originally had a hose clamp holding it on and this will be a bit more tasteful.
Hi Joe I have been looking thorough your postings on your exhaust designs. Do you have any plans you might share. Would love to make my own.Re: '75 suzuki gt250
I'm glad I've had so many viewers to my thread. I've actually been back in the shop doing some tweaking here and there, along with actually putting some miles on the bike. I've developed another set of pipes for the bike. In actuality, they are the same pipes as before, but with a 50/50 split in the two divergent cones instead of the earlier 70/30. This will supposedly give me a better, more noticable powerband and narrow it a little. I also changed the baffles to go all the way down to the covergent cone, just like dg pipes, and it has a great, low popping sound like a bigger dirtbike. I've had just a quick ride with them, and they seem to be performing quite well. Instead of painting the pipes, I've polished them and will be applying a hightemp clear soon. My tig welding has been getting exponentially better. I was able to weld up all the cones and get the basic shape done using less than a half of a welding rod. One other big update will possibly be in a week. I have leads to a complete topend and carbs off a suzuki t350. The topend will "directly" bolt onto my cases and bump my cc's from 247cc's to 315cc's. Thank you for your interest, I'll try to keep this more updated. Joe