Distinguished Gentlemans Ride, Whos Riding from DTT?

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
Just curious who all is participating this year?

This will be my first time participating. Ill be riding in the Columbus Ohio group on my 1976 BMW R90/6.

How about it, who else is going?
 

Maritime

Well-Known Member
According to my facebook feed there is a lot of DTT folks signed up. There is no ride within 8 hours of me or I'd probably do one too.


I Lied. There is one 3 hours away now this year, should have looked earlier to sign up.
 

Rusnak_322

Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
I am doing the Cleveland ride. We had so much fun last year that my wife had me build her a XS400 for this years ride.


Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
 

Redbird

Dolor est Magister Optimus
DTT BOTM WINNER
I'm in for the New Orleans ride again.
Maybe this year it won't rain out ::)
 

ridesolo

You only bear responsibility for your own actions
HURCO550 said:
Just curious who all is participating this year?

This will be my first time participating. Ill be riding in the Columbus Ohio group on my 1976 BMW R90/6.

How about it, who else is going?
Darn, Levi, I was going to have a bike together by this time and suggest we both go to this.
 

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
ridesolo said:
Darn, Levi, I was going to have a bike together by this time and suggest we both go to this.
You're welcome to the dr650 if you wanna ride down with me. Nick is coming along as well on a borrowed v rod. There is always next year too

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 

sav0r

Member
I’ll be out in Pittsburgh assuming I get my RD back together. I always seem to make each build schedule more complex than it should be.
 

JukeJoint

New Member
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Edit:
Shameless plug. Trying to raise $100 in two days.
https://www.gentlemansride.com/fundraiser/AndrewFolz191262 to donate.

Post or PM me your link and I'll sponsor you.

 

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
that's a good idea, I suppose linking the page up here would make sense...

https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/Hurco550
 

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
https://www.gentlemansride.com/fundraiser/deviant

*deviant is another handle I've been known to use in these parts.
 

JukeJoint

New Member
(Irk,) They were right about you https://youtu.be/KO3l733WRN0
Oh i guess it didn't show in the preview. .editttt...
You'd think using computers fir 25 years I could post a video in a forum! Good APC vidjoe right there, boys!

I'll take care of sponsors later tonight at home. Thanks.
 

doctorcat

Member
hi all.
heres me. : https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/MilinBalsara
here's a blurb

on a more serious note, the DGR, for me, is about a somber topic: a year ago a friend completed (and that's the term we psychiatry people use. Committed has a negative moral and legal connotation, and medicine is about doing what's ethical for our patient) suicide by firearm. Male suicide tends to be brutally successful, and part of the reason I'm doing this ride, and have chosen this career in psychiatry is due to this. I am glad to be surrounded by compassionate physicians with a similar goal.



I ride in honor and remembrance of Chris, Mike, and my patients whose names will not grace the light of day for their privacy but who are still just as treasured, remembered, and loved.
 

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
doctorcat said:
hi all.
heres me. : https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/MilinBalsara
here's a blurb

on a more serious note, the DGR, for me, is about a somber topic: a year ago a friend completed (and that's the term we psychiatry people use. Committed has a negative moral and legal connotation, and medicine is about doing what's ethical for our patient) suicide by firearm. Male suicide tends to be brutally successful, and part of the reason I'm doing this ride, and have chosen this career in psychiatry is due to this. I am glad to be surrounded by compassionate physicians with a similar goal.



I ride in honor and remembrance of Chris, Mike, and my patients whose names will not grace the light of day for their privacy but who are still just as treasured, remembered, and loved.
Thanks for sharing that!

I'm riding for my best friend. His fiancee just recently took her own life, and I'm watching him walk through the devastation that has ensued in his life as a result. He is not sponsored himself, but he will be on the road right along side me. I hate that it has taken someone close to me losing a loved one to suicide to realize the true pain that it causes.

Thank you all for riding, and more importantly for caring.

Ride safe and ride well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 

JukeJoint

New Member
Thanks for riding everyone, and sharing about tough subjects. I'm riding for all of you and a few fallen friends. Miss them dearly...

I've taken care of donations/support this morning as I had a few too many to drive home last night.

Thanks, Doc, for doing a very noble thing and choosing a profession that helps people. I know I need to do more.

Have a safe ride tomorrow.
 

Redbird

Dolor est Magister Optimus
DTT BOTM WINNER
The cause is near/dear to me as well.
I first entered the DGR in honor of my Dad (who passed from colon cancer) and my Father-in-law (who is a prostate cancer survivor). Then, as I realized the scope/depth of what the DGR does, I added my Uncle-in-law (who is suffering from advanced Alzheimers). More recently, I've added the four members of my sons Nat'l Guard unit (who have all "completed suicide" by firearm (one "by cop")). But most importantly for my son and those like him who struggle with those kinds of situations.
 

Redbird

Dolor est Magister Optimus
DTT BOTM WINNER
Weather was awesome this year. They had about 35-40 bikes in attendance.
Only a handful were actually Vintage bikes though. The majority were new "retro" Triumphs ::)
Here's the few pics I took...









 

DTT Bike Of The Month Gallery

DTT Light or Dark

www.cognitomoto.com
https://www.townmoto.com
www.speedmotoco.com
www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com
www.lostapostle.ca/
www.sparckmoto.com
Top Bottom