DT250 Tracker

XS750AU

Member
I have tried pressing the bolt out with M12 thread and a 12mm steel plate either side
Sometimes when you have the puller pressure applied, it just need a sharp hit with a hammer to get it moving.
 

Mr Bernzo

Member
Got the bastard out today.
Welded a pipe to a foot of steel, layed the bike over so that the bolt head was in the centre of the pipe and heated the crap out of everything.
Then whacked it with a dirty big hammer.
Now I can move on and get this project going again. Well, after I get back from 2 weeks of travel for work that is.


Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
 

Mr Bernzo

Member
Got the rear end reassembled, nice and tight with the new bushes.
Ground out the pins for the old foot pegs and mounted the new ones.
Also got the new acewell speedo wired up and working, great piece of gear and easy to set up.
Now to get the steering stops sorted and the seat mounted.


Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
 

Mr Bernzo

Member
It's been a while since any real work was done on the DT.
Today I started making up a seat frame to work off the original hinges.
Will mount the fibreglass seat base to the frame then get a seat pad upholstered.


Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
 

NoRiders

Well-Known Member
Mr Bernzo said:
It's been a while since any real work was done on the DT.
Today I started making up a seat frame to work off the original hinges.
Will mount the fibreglass seat base to the frame then get a seat pad upholstered.


Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Liking the seat base.....in my quest to not chop the 400/4 frame on teh Suzonda build I have going I'd thought to do the same thing. Nice build ;)
 

Mr Bernzo

Member
I took to old girl out for a quick spin today & it ran surprising well! I forgot how much vibrations these engines put out!
A few small tweaks, some new seat hinge pins and try to make it a little quieter and it should be all good.
Feels so small compared to the bikes I usually ride.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
 

Mr Bernzo

Member
Finally got around to getting the seat upholstered. Came up well. Looks like the seat base will fit well on the base and line up well with the tank.


Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
 

Mr Bernzo

Member
Progress has been a slow lately. Managed to get the seat base finished and the whole seat mounted tonight. It came up pretty well I think. Hinge works well, original lock/latch and will have access to the oil tank. Still need to move the ignition switch and make an exhaust heat shield then I should be good to get the registration.


Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
 

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
Love the look, but with the light at that height and that fender, you're not going to see the road for a good 50ft in front of you at night.
 

Mr Bernzo

Member
irk miller said:
Love the look, but with the light at that height and that fender, you're not going to see the road for a good 50ft in front of you at night.
This is true! That front fender is for registration purposes only. As soon as I have the bike on the road, fender will be coming off!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
 

Mr Bernzo

Member
Been a bit slow on this build lately. Found time to get it ready for registration though. Mounted the ignition switch under the oil tank, finished the seat frame and added a heat shield on the exhaust.
It's ugly and rough but it should pass the inspection.
Then I can start the strip down and rebuild.


Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
 

Mr Bernzo

Member
Finally got my arse into gear to make some progress on this build. Been working on the wiring for a while so that I could get the bike finished enough to register. It's now done.
So now to get serious and get this thing built the way I want it.
Paint, polish, new lighting, guards, etc
Can't wait to get this bike the way I want it.


Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
 

Mr Bernzo

Member
I've pretty crap at updates here lately but the bike has been processing along slowly.

Everything works and I have proof of concept, but the engine lacked power and would not change down gears properly, so I decided to pull the engine out and strip it down.
At a minimum new crank seals, reeds, oil seals and gaskets.
IMG_20200510_093611412.jpg
IMG_20200510_093618800.jpg


Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
 

Mr Bernzo

Member
I found the issue with the gear changing pretty quickly, just out of adjustment. Happy! That means no need to split the crank case.

Changed the reeds and the cranks seals too.
IMG_20200524_115636716~2.jpg
IMG_20200527_214239589.jpg
IMG_20200529_213446873.jpg


Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
 

Mr Bernzo

Member
Sent the head, barrel and clutch cover out for hydroblasting. Came up nice!
IMG_20200615_161720531.jpg
IMG_20200615_161641459.jpg
IMG_20200615_161632257.jpg
IMG_20200615_161652403.jpg


Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
 

DTT Bike Of The Month Gallery

DTT Light or Dark

www.cognitomoto.com
https://www.townmoto.com
www.speedmotoco.com
www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com
www.lostapostle.ca/
www.sparckmoto.com
Top Bottom