Kneeler Project

Hi TJ,
Yep all ok. It's been a grim old winter and I had to put everything on hold. Was ill over December and January with the god dammed boomerang flu which took away all my enthusiasm. Compounded by not being able to get out the weather into the workshop because the farmers son has got a car parked up in there along with the dark nights. Have not even been out on my horse much save weekends, and daylight free time has pretty much been spent just staying on top of yard stuff. I can't wait for the clocks to change and get my evenings back.

Dunno, it's not like we've had a hard winter, it's just been a real slog.
 
Erskine said:
Hi TJ,
Yep all ok. It's been a grim old winter and I had to put everything on hold. Was ill over December and January with the god dammed boomerang flu which took away all my enthusiasm. Compounded by not being able to get out the weather into the workshop because the farmers son has got a car parked up in there along with the dark nights. Have not even been out on my horse much save weekends, and daylight free time has pretty much been spent just staying on top of yard stuff. I can't wait for the clocks to change and get my evenings back.

Dunno, it's not like we've had a hard winter, it's just been a real slog.

Absolutely! Get this bloody winter out the way and progress will pick up again, i'm sure.

Best of luck with it all Steff, its turning out real nice as it stands.
 
I wish I had that problem. I am waiting for the heat and humidity to go away so I can work.
 
Brodie said:
I wish I had that problem. I am waiting for the heat and humidity to go away so I can work.

Jerk.
;D ;D ;D

In Canada, we have four individual seasons. On Thursday.
 
Erskine said:
Hi TJ,
Yep all ok. It's been a grim old winter and I had to put everything on hold. Was ill over December and January with the god dammed boomerang flu which took away all my enthusiasm. Compounded by not being able to get out the weather into the workshop because the farmers son has got a car parked up in there along with the dark nights. Have not even been out on my horse much save weekends, and daylight free time has pretty much been spent just staying on top of yard stuff. I can't wait for the clocks to change and get my evenings back.

Dunno, it's not like we've had a hard winter, it's just been a real slog.

Relieved to hear all is well [ 'ish ] Steff.

I've had this bloody lurgi too - 5 weeks now and all symptoms gone except an irritating cough

ATB

TJ
 
beachcomber said:
Relieved to hear all is well [ 'ish ] Steff.

I've had this bloody lurgi too - 5 weeks now and all symptoms gone except an irritating cough

ATB

TJ

I went for a month or so not being full on ill, but just not feeling right, looking back now I think it was a low level virus. Then it properly kicked in an every time I thought I'd shaken it off, it came right back and bit me in the ass.
 
I hope you get as much reserve sleep as you can to overcome feeling weak;the new shocks look good 8) What brand are they ?
 
Hey y'all
Apologies for the radio silence. Having dragged the outfits out in to the sunshine a month ago and starting to think about pressing on ....... another long long term project came into being. For years I've wanted to build a shepherds hut, and for the past year I've been quietly watching out for a suitable trailer that wood give me 20'. To cut a long story short, the right thing came up at auction and i'm cracking on with getting the basic structure up, then I can chip away at it over the rest of the summer at the same time as sorting the kneeler. Bear with me!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2993.JPG
    IMG_2993.JPG
    822.1 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    750.9 KB · Views: 370
I've had a very constructive two months, but not on the outfit, however I am starting to itch to crack on with it. This is what I have been doing ......
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3112.JPG
    IMG_3112.JPG
    983 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_3127.JPG
    IMG_3127.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 380
  • IMG_3128.JPG
    IMG_3128.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 363
It's taking a while to fit out the interior but nearly there. I have it temporarily in a field next door to suss out the ergonomics of it. Slept in it last night during a pretty full on westerly gale and it was getting hit broadside. No rattles, no leaks, slept like a lamb :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3161.JPG
    IMG_3161.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 355
Thanks for understanding TJ!
It's better built and insulated than a Wimpey/Barrat house, although that's not hard!
I've amassed everything for the wood burner to go in next, it's going to be bloody snug in the winter.
This is the trailer as I bought it at auction, it's a 3 ton plant trailer. We re-used the hardwood planking to make the work surface and face the internal partitions.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3162.JPG
    IMG_3162.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 367
Erskine said:
I've had a very constructive two months, but not on the outfit, however I am starting to itch to crack on with it. This is what I have been doing ......

Awesome work! That is on my to-do list for the next 5-10 years. ::)
 
Erskine said:
Hey y'all
Apologies for the radio silence. Having dragged the outfits out in to the sunshine a month ago and starting to think about pressing on ....... another long long term project came into being. For years I've wanted to build a shepherds hut, and for the past year I've been quietly watching out for a suitable trailer that wood give me 20'. To cut a long story short, the right thing came up at auction and i'm cracking on with getting the basic structure up, then I can chip away at it over the rest of the summer at the same time as sorting the kneeler. Bear with me!

That looks really nice. Being a Yank, I'm not familiar with a shepherds hut. I'm assuming that you aren't a shepherd by trade, so will this be used as a hunting cabin or a weekend getaway? Is it to be moved to a semi-permanent place or will you be towing in and out with each use?
 
ridesolo said:
That looks really nice. Being a Yank, I'm not familiar with a shepherds hut. I'm assuming that you aren't a shepherd by trade, so will this be used as a hunting cabin or a weekend getaway? Is it to be moved to a semi-permanent place or will you be towing in and out with each use?

Hi, Shepherds huts were traditionally used by upland shepherds during the lambing season so they could always be on hand for tricky births and to keep an eye out for foxes. They have now become a classy alternative to a caravan, but are not designed to be towed large distances, only really between fields. I've build mine big enough to be a tiny home, and long term plan is to buy my own plot of land and live in it. Short / medium term plan is a nice little retreat for myself, friends and family to escape to. I have to move it again next weekend as the cows will be going back into that field.
 
Back
Top Bottom