jcw0411
Active Member
Re: First build 75 cb360 tracker style bratish.
Hey. That part is a ratchet guide plate. It pushes the kickstarter ratchet back in place after you kickstart. Mine had hairline cracks in it. If that piece is broken the ratchet just spins against the metal making an unpleasant sound that will eventually toast the ratchet taking the kickstarter out of comission. I scoured the interweb and found mine on ebay canada. The pic was of it on a spec sheet with the models it will fit. Here is some links to other ones I was looking at but not sure if these will fit your scoot.
Good luck
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1973-HONDA-CB350G-RATCHET-GUIDE-PLATE-28258-310-010-/370610553624?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item564a1c4318#ht_1227wt_698
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/71-72-73-74-75-76-77-78-CB500-CB550-KICK-START-STARTER-SHAFT-RATCHET-GUIDE-/390360254393?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae348c7b9#ht_1804wt_754
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HONDA-CL350-CL-350-KICKER-KICSTART-RATCHET-GEARS-SPRING-/310401888085?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item484564ef55
shorticek said:Hi, if u don't mind me asking, where did u find this part? I desperately need it. Is the part that hold the chain in alternator??
Best Regards,
TD
Hey. That part is a ratchet guide plate. It pushes the kickstarter ratchet back in place after you kickstart. Mine had hairline cracks in it. If that piece is broken the ratchet just spins against the metal making an unpleasant sound that will eventually toast the ratchet taking the kickstarter out of comission. I scoured the interweb and found mine on ebay canada. The pic was of it on a spec sheet with the models it will fit. Here is some links to other ones I was looking at but not sure if these will fit your scoot.
Good luck
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1973-HONDA-CB350G-RATCHET-GUIDE-PLATE-28258-310-010-/370610553624?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item564a1c4318#ht_1227wt_698
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/71-72-73-74-75-76-77-78-CB500-CB550-KICK-START-STARTER-SHAFT-RATCHET-GUIDE-/390360254393?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae348c7b9#ht_1804wt_754
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HONDA-CL350-CL-350-KICKER-KICSTART-RATCHET-GEARS-SPRING-/310401888085?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item484564ef55