AWESOME BIZZARE STUFF - PREF MOTOR RELATED (or other, so long as interesting)

How would you rate this thread?

• Fantastic! These crazy ass machines are freakin insane!

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • It's fun and interesting, could do with more regular posts though...

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I like it but it needs more crazy shiz in it....

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Meh... it's okay.. i guess *unconvincingly*

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Total spaz fest *vomits*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We had these suckers on my Sub that i was stationed on. You wanna talk about a noise maker. I wish i could just get a video of these suckers running.

800px-Opposed_piston_engine_1.jpg

800px-Jumo205_cutview_02.jpg

Opposite_piston_engine.gif

haplo_84 said:
We had these suckers on my Sub that i was stationed on. You wanna talk about a noise maker. I wish i could just get a video of these suckers running.

800px-Opposed_piston_engine_1.jpg

800px-Jumo205_cutview_02.jpg

Opposite_piston_engine.gif

That is one big-ass mofo.... I think I have semi-rigidity LOL ;D

Hows about a 4 piston, 2 cylinder, turbo'ed 2 stroke OPOC (Oppose Piston / Opposed Cylinder). Ecomotors is claiming 300hp and around 600 lb/ft of torque at 100 MPG from its standard 2 cylinder 4 piston engine they have testing right now..

OPOC.avi

Hoosier Daddy said:
Hows about a 4 piston, 2 cylinder, turbo'ed 2 stroke OPOC (Oppose Piston / Opposed Cylinder). Ecomotors is claiming 300hp and around 600 lb/ft of torque at 100 MPG from its standard 2 cylinder 4 piston engine they have testing right now..

OPOC.avi

Okay... now dude... seriously.. I'm impressed. I never imagined that when I started this thread only couple days ago that such amazing mechanical designs and wonders would surface.. this machine, if it does what they say it does, is a HUGE step forward into creating more power for less, whilst still retaining the fossil fuel motor. As much as I'm all for electric.. Heck, I'd roll a Mission One tomorrow if I could afford one.. but it still wuldn't have the sound as a conventional cumbustion piston motor... this below contraption may be our saviour... although not as cool looking as a parrellel twin or v-twin.... but if it gives me 100mpg.. and HP to boot... I'm all for it! I say giddy-up cowboy ;) Now.. the question remains... to what size ratio is that power figure achieved.. and if that is a bigger motor, than what would be the likes of it turning up in a motorcycle in the next 5 years?! Hmmmm? The mind boggles! ::)

Some of my favorite oddities...

Quad Buick nailhead dragster:
p135202_largeShowboat_Buick_Nailhead_Powered_DragsterFront_View.jpg

465HP Hyabusa V8:
Hayabusa204.jpg

Twin engined supercharged CB750 drag bike:
DSC01357.jpg

Thrust SSC land speed record holder:
785b.jpg

ThrustSSC.jpg

Re: AWESOME BIZZARE STUFF - PREF MOTOR RELATED (or other, so long as interesting

Its badass, yeah... Not as badass as the bowtie and flattop though. ;)

I found this site with a lokt of cool bikes people have put together. A lot of them seem to be from Japan. I had no idea that there were biker gangs in Japan. Check it out. http://bubblevisor.blogspot.com. Scroll down to the "bubbles" and spend some time clickin on the individual links. Enjoy

For Oily_Rag. Jason McVicar at Bonnevile 2008. This is the result of lack of grip and spinning the rear tire to the point where it explodes. This was one of the reasons the SCTA got a hardon about tires on 200+ mph motorcycles. The SCTA has a great safety record and want to keep it that way. Jason (by the grace of God no doubt) was fine and back looking for another ride a few hours later.

Going over 200 is more involved than just holding the throttle open.

http://youtu.be/m4JiDpA3qpA

What happens if you combine a motorcycle with a musical instrument?

Not sure whether this machine falls into, "awesome", or "bizarre"....

You decide.

Attachments

• wtf_pics-traveling-band.jpg
    wtf_pics-traveling-band.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 162
Re: AWESOME BIZZARE STUFF - PREF MOTOR RELATED (or other, so long as interesting

Caf'd: Bubble visor is awesome. So awesome in fact that if you dig down deep enough, you'll hit some DTT related gold.

Agreed. I just had a cursory look. As soon as I get the new gas tank made for the sidecar I'll dive in and have a good dig around.

VonYinzer: Well you will have to excuse my DTT newbie-ness. I havn't been here long enought to recognize the DTT gold when I see it haha.

Titan: That looks.... awesomely-bizarre?

Caf'd Out said:
VonYinzer: Well you will have to excuse my DTT newbie-ness. I havn't been here long enought to recognize the DTT gold when I see it haha.

Hahaha. All good, as I wasnt trying to give ya a hard time. Just pointing in the direction of some awesome content on there.

OKAY... soooo.. this next entry is not so much "AWESOME BIZZARE" in the general terms of the words... BUT... it's awesome..... it's very awesome.... AND yet, Bizzare... due to my being such a bike/cafe freak, I was concerned when I only just learned of this.. concerned I hadn't learned of this earlier!!!!!
v7racer_li.jpg

v7racer_ll.jpg

v7racer_lc.jpg

v7racer_lh.jpg

v7racer_le.jpg

v7racer_la.jpg

v7racer_ld.jpg

http://www.motoguzzi.com.au/v7racer/index.html

If you’re a modern big name bike company, and you're going to pay hommage to the café racer.... then it must be done whole-heartedly... and indeed... Guzzi did just that... and they really pulled it off.... They know how to make a remarkable cafe authentic motorcycle, and then they really know how to market... I mean, just check out there advertising still... it's enough to make any guy want one... it oozes Italian sophistication, but whilst retaining that Brittish bum down racer look. I so wish I could have one.

ALTHOUGH... it does appear they have taken their 2011 advertising styling cues straight out of the DEUS EX MECHINA book(or any of their marketing for that matter...) ::)

I thought it was a beautiful bike when i first saw it, but the horsepower rating on the bike was a lil disappointing to me. If i'm not mistaken it was only like 50hp.

Back
Top Bottom