my ghetto ass winter redo 72' CL450

Re: my ghetto ass winter redo 73' CL450

BigBSBusa said:
Love that color and the bike will look great!

2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (Black/Grey)
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (Black)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa (Black/Grey)

^
I knew you would lol

love the frame man! should look killer wiht the cherry added in there

Derek4Real3 said:
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (Black/Grey)
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (Black)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa (Black/Grey)

^
I knew you would lol

Is it that obvious? ;D

since i havent done shit in a few days and im kinda bumming, I thought id post what im missing and dont have the funds for and what i need to finish the build (not that im near completion).

LIST I NEED:
1) Figure out what battery to use and buy that will fit nicely in my tail section.
Choices - Westco 12V4L-B $33.95, Westco 12VX5L-B $36.95, Westco YT9B $63.95, or Big crank ETX9 $54.95 i think they
all meet my needs but size matters
2) front brake light stop switch (slides in brake lever)
3) right hand controls/brake lever, starter, dimmer, Kill
4) Tires/rims - unmount, mount and balance with new tubes and strips $70.00
5) O ring chain $55.00
6) seat pad
thats all i can think of right now, everything else is labor i think, :-\

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

chrisf said:
Let's see some picks of the pipes...

--Chris
I havent touched them since i welded them, i still have to grind them smooth and wrap them
IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

boomshakalaka said:
where did you get the headlight ears? Are they universal?
Santa but im sure he got them on Ebay, yes they come with multi size shims

PS. my brand new brake lever bracket cracked in half on me tonight tightening it :'(

Looks great Derek, I have a lil tidbit of advice on the rear of the frame I would suggest you do. Im hoping its not too late. In the rear I would weld either a bar across the back of 2 frame ends(in red) or a plate across the 2(in blue) for better support and less flex.

Keep up the great work....more than Im doing on my bike.

lil beast said:
Looks great Derek, I have a lil tidbit of advice on the rear of the frame I would suggest you do. Im hoping its not too late. In the rear I would weld either a bar across the back of 2 frame ends(in red) or a plate across the 2(in blue) for better support and less flex.

Keep up the great work....more than Im doing on my bike.

I have a plate welded there, but im afraid its not enough. I cant go any farther back on the frame because the exhuast runs through there. ive been having a hell of a time finding 180* bent tubing that small and thick enough. after the battery is situated im gonna try and beef it up some more. Thanks
This is the beginnings of my battery location, it also caps off the rear tail above the exhaust. I want to have my buddy bend me 1" tubing to fit on top of the flat stock that is welded on now but hes expensive as hell.
IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

man this is looking SICK!!!! great work
if the brake lever came from Ebay as well, and was from DarkHorse Customs... (sells vintage levers) he will replace it... i buy all my levers from him... he is great to work with!

Dude, you're going to have to change the name of your thread. This is a totally quality build you have going on here. I think you are going to have a bike you can be proud of.

tomsljr said:
Dude, you're going to have to change the name of your thread. This is a totally quality build you have going on here. I think you are going to have a bike you can be proud of.
well i was proud before so i can only go up from there.
thanks!

this is awesome. ive always wanted to make a central exhaust setup 2into 1 reverse small cone muff out the back of the cowl, but i dont have the know how do even begin that kind of project. props to you, looks like shes coming along. i would kill to have a nicely lit and heated area to work on my horse.

IMG_0290.jpg

velocity stacks polished up nice
IMG_0294.jpg

these perches had a nub on the top for screw on mirrors and it was ugly also i wasnt going to use them so i welded the hole closed and ground them down smooth, well i guess it was a bad idea
IMG_0291.jpg

still awaiting 1" 90* bent tubing for the tail, anyone know where to get this?

I just used two 90 degree bends that I made (used friend's muffler tube bender) and welded them together...

I know most muffler shops will bend your tubing for nothing or a few bucks at most, beer works too.

DSCN1080.jpg

DSCN1081.jpg

philos1 said:
I just used two 90 degree bends that I made (used friend's muffler tube bender) and welded them together...

I know most muffler shops will bend your tubing for nothing or a few bucks at most, beer works too.
where did you get your tubing?

Back
Top Bottom