75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build

MiniatureNinja

Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build

I didnt want to give it away until it was done but that kind of goes against the point of a project thread. First coats of paint in and color sanding. This is a satin paint "jade" from krylon (yes its rattlecan paint) pic taken during wet sanding so you get the idea of gloss, will be covering with a 2pack clear so its durable and chemical resistant.
 

Attachments

Alex jb

New Member
Re: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build

Like the colour, can’t picture it on your ride yet though
 

MiniatureNinja

Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build

Alex jb said:
Like the colour, can’t picture it on your ride yet though
Considering it was originally red, then raw tank for so long... I cant wait to get that tank on there to see how it looks. Gonna be interesting.
 

MiniatureNinja

Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Getting there, still have work to do. Front brake and a few other small details. But it runs! Still working the exhaust.

Lots was on the agenda today, but called back home from the shop due to kids being nuts at home for mom
 

Attachments

MiniatureNinja

Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build

I'm having a heck of a time with the brake lines, I cannot stop this goodridge fitting from leaking. It only states that it is a " 3/8 straight female" but doesn't specify if it's for inverted flare (which would be my guess) or sae or what. I try inverted flair and it wont tighten down all the way, seams the SAE fitting doesn't go deep enough. Inside it just looks countersink, not really like what you see with inverted flair fittings.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
 

Attachments

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
The inside of that black fitting must be clean and basically polished. Any corrosion or debris, especially rust, will cause it to leak.
 

crazypj

Split personality, I fake being smart
None of those parts will work. You need a 10x1.25 (I think, haven't looked for a while) Whats on the end of hose? What I did with mine and Brendon's was remove the steel fitting (tap 6mm use bolt and washer to pull it out) Tap hole deeper and use banjo bolt with Harley brake washers. Here's link to pics, http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.700 post 714 Also, what happens when timing isn't right, intake bolt is loose and you ignore instructions not to rev it over 5k until fixed http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.650 Post 656. Found the pics I was really looking for http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.350 Post 361
 

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
You don't need to go through all of that, unless you're just committed to having a banjo bolt. It is 10 x 1.25. You just need a 10 x 1.25 to 3AN fitting to thread in there and then a 3an brake line. You can also do 3an to banjo if you want to keep the banjo at the other end. Or, if you want to run banjos on both ends, use 3an to banjo fittings.
 

crazypj

Split personality, I fake being smart
Why do things the easy way when you can make something custom in stainless steel ;D
 

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
crazypj said:
Why do things the easy way when you can make something custom in stainless steel ;D
That's what I'm suggesting. LOL. Just minus the extra drilling and tapping part. HAHA
 

MiniatureNinja

Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build

I wont be using a banjo bolt at all. I have the stock brake pipe, that can accept any new fitting to adapt, or I have a new one that I made up... both have correct caliper end.

Complete story is that I'm using goodridge sniper 2 line and fittings. I contacted goodridge and they told me the female fitting is made to accept that sae thread but standard brass is not deep enough and will require a new one from them. On order.

Noted about the contamination inside the fitting, thanks for the heads up there
 

Attachments

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
Where are you getting the SAE thread part? The Honda part is metric. Do mean the new brass stuff on opposite side of the line from the caliper?
 

MiniatureNinja

Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Yes, the new stuff, for the goodridge line is 3/8 24

What you're calling a 3an fitting is basically the adapter that I have, doubled ended and goodridge told me it will work, so I think I got it figured out now.
 

MiniatureNinja

Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build

Also, is this notch or line a good indicator of max lift on the points cam? Right now to right side points at max gap, .014 inches
 

Attachments

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
MiniatureNinja said:
Yes, the new stuff, for the goodridge line is 3/8 24

What you're calling a 3an fitting is basically the adapter that I have, doubled ended and goodridge told me it will work, so I think I got it figured out now.
3AN = 3/8. For every AN increment, it's 1/16. So 4AN = 7/16, 5AN = 1/2, and so on. It's relative to the actual OD of the tubing.
 

MiniatureNinja

Member
DTT BOTM WINNER
crazypj said:
None of those parts will work. You need a 10x1.25 (I think, haven't looked for a while) Whats on the end of hose? What I did with mine and Brendon's was remove the steel fitting (tap 6mm use bolt and washer to pull it out) Tap hole deeper and use banjo bolt with Harley brake washers. Here's link to pics, http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.700 post 714 Also, what happens when timing isn't right, intake bolt is loose and you ignore instructions not to rev it over 5k until fixed http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.650 Post 656. Found the pics I was really looking for http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.350 Post 361

regarding the catastrophic failure... the leaking intake could have caused lean condition and created even more heat + advanced timing making it even worse... were these not reconciled during carb syncing ?
 

crazypj

Split personality, I fake being smart
Nope, it was around 10:00pm and Brendon had to get home. Unfortunately, he thought it would be a good idea to do a dyno run the next day and holed piston. It made 24bhp on one and a bit cylinders before blowing up. His 378 is quicker than mine which pisses me off a bit as I built both of them ;D Pretty certain it's down to the much louder exhaust he has plus no 'mechanical sympathy' ;)
 
Top Bottom