The Junkyard Dog is finally up and running again. I moved over the summer and it took a while before I was able to work on the bike again.
Found that the inside of my tank was a lot more grungy than I thought and debris was clogging my carbs. I cleaned and lined the tank with Caswell. I got tired of fixing stuff on the 40 year old carbs so I called Murray’s Carbs and got a set of his manifolds and Mikuni carbs. Had to remove my little switch bracket to make room for the carbs so I relocated the switches to the under seat plate that holds the rest of the electronics.
Finally got things mostly buttoned up and took it for a shakedown run today, rode about 60 miles with only a couple of problems. My China-bay tail light shook itself apart and I found a leaking spark plug boot arcing against the head. I will fix that stuff in the morning and then I’m off to Barber Vintage Fest!
Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON