Some accidental progress today. I was never really happy with the position of the foot pegs, originally. They’re too far back, and a hair too high. For this go-around, I had planned on making some aluminum mounting plates with multiple peg mount holes for the foot pegs, which bolt to the plates I welded to the frame. After comparing the Tarozzi and Raask peg locations to my original peg mounts, I decided to mount the pegs to the actual steel plates on the frame, and skip the aluminum plates altogether. Shame because they’re now overkill, and unpainted on the back where I surfaced them for a smooth mating surface with the aluminum plates. I’ll just have to keep a thin grease coat on them so they don’t rust, because I’m not mixing a fresh batch of paint for that small an area… oh well.
Yellow is original location, green is Raask, purple is Tarozzi, blue is stock, and white is intended mount holes on the aluminum plate.
The peg position and rider triangle in general feels natural and familiar now. Very similar to the sport/track bikes I’ve owned in the interim.
Also trying to figure out what I want to do with the gauge cluster. I’ve got lots of aluminum sheet, so I think a cluster / mini windscreen, similar to the current gen Triumph street or speed triples is in order. Low profile, just enough to bridge some of the gap between the headlight and gauge face plate.
And new headlight brackets. I couldn’t stand the home jobs on there originally, and thought these looked nice.