CVMG 35th National Vintage Rally Jun 15 16 17 2007 - PARIS

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
THE BIG ONE! This is where you buy seats for $20 and rims for $10 :D Tomaselli adjustable clubmans for $10 too :D Just some of the deals I got last June.

Friday, June 15 2007 to Sunday June 17, 2007

All Day
CVMG 35th National Vintage Rally
Paris Fairgrounds, Paris, Ontario
Information: CvmgRally@aol.com.
www.cvmgparisrally.ca
 

locOleoN

Is that the best you got? OK.. now my TURN...
no.. If I recall, you got all that shit at the VRRA Milton swpa meet in October...REmember??...

That Paris trip, we all drove down in Louie's car, bumped into DrJ and Beth at the Tims on Trafalgar Rd.
Heidi got that IM Leathers racing jacket for peanuts, along with clubmans for $10. You got that Por-15 kit for $15 and all I got was a sun burn...and a $10 vintage bell helmet.
It was that trip that we decided to start this forum:
http://groups.msn.com/GTARetroTon-UpCrew/_whatsnew.msnw
Oh the memories...

Remember this:
http://groups.msn.com/GTARetroTon-UpCrew/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=464&LastModified=4675592050335369134
 

XS650RR

Go'n In Deeper ... Come'n Out Harder
Tintin said:
THE BIG ONE! This is where you buy seats for $20 and rims for $10 :D Tomaselli adjustable clubmans for $10 too :D Just some of the deals I got last June.

Friday, June 15 2007 to Sunday June 17, 2007

All Day
CVMG 35th National Vintage Rally
Paris Fairgrounds, Paris, Ontario
Information: CvmgRally@aol.com.
www.cvmgparisrally.ca

Would love to attend, but this conflicts with the VRRA Quinte TT at Shannonville ..... maybe next year .. :'(
 

Jim

Active Member
Ian, I also may not make Paris this year (first time in several years). This conflict of dates has been going on so long, I don't think it will ever get resolved. Last year the CVMG guys were griping that someone in VRRA wanted them to change their dates, and the gods that are Shannonville never seem to want to change. I don't see this changing in the next few years.

It used to be worse when the Hamilton Air Show was on. I always took my dad (ex-RAF) and could never seem to get to Paris. Since then, I have been going to Paris the last few years and now I joined the VRRA. Too many events, not enough cloning.

Paris is great for the swap, and the 'static' displays. But you see just as many great bikes in the parking lot as you do at the displays. Motorcycles should be ridden, hence the desire for the VRRA. It's too bad, if they were even shifted by a couple of weeks, the CVMG could have a display at the VRRA event.
 

XS650RR

Go'n In Deeper ... Come'n Out Harder
Motorcycles should be ridden, hence the desire for the VRRA. It's too bad, if they were even shifted by a couple of weeks, the CVMG could have a display at the VRRA event.

I have to agree Jim .... It would seem in the best intrest of both parties to get together before commiting to dates of events. That way all vintage gear heads to gather in one place.
 

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
I'm desperate to hit as many of the swap meets as possible this year to source parts for the 650 project. Need alloy rims, a seat, carbs if I can find 'em, etc. etc.

Hey Noel - you using those Tomaselli headlight brackets? ;) They'd look nice on the 650 :D Best deal ever at McBride's. Genuine Tomaselli headlight brackets for $12 during the big 75% off sell-out. Picked up a set of Metzlers for a friend's KZ1300 for $100 FOR BOTH!
 

locOleoN

Is that the best you got? OK.. now my TURN...
Tintin said:
I'm desperate to hit as many of the swap meets as possible this year to source parts for the 650 project. Need alloy rims, a seat, carbs if I can find 'em, etc. etc.

Hey Noel - you using those Tomaselli headlight brackets? ;) They'd look nice on the 650 :D Best deal ever at McBride's. Genuine Tomaselli headlight brackets for $12 during the big 75% off sell-out. Picked up a set of Metzlers for a friend's KZ1300 for $100 FOR BOTH!

Hey Tim,

I gave them away.. I didnt think they were worth anyhing...LOL.. just kidding...haa...I was planning to use then on the 750, but might change my mind if you want them..

Let me think about it...
 

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
no worries - I can get some from www.mikesxs.com for $30 total - not even sure what size the ones you have are (look like 35mm) or what size I need.
 

XS650RR

Go'n In Deeper ... Come'n Out Harder
Tintin said:
no worries - I can get some from www.mikesxs.com for $30 total - not even sure what size the ones you have are (look like 35mm) or what size I need.

Tim ... what year is the bike ??. 74 and up are 35mm fork tubes. Try this guy, I bought mine from him ..... http://www.vrra.ca/board/viewtopic.php?t=5578
 

Donzon

New Member
um, er new to this rally thing. Went to the website. Am I to understand that it costs $45 to attend this thing?

I'm only interested in checking out the swap meet for a couple hours.

Don
 

duncan

Been Around the Block
Donzon said:
um, er new to this rally thing. Went to the website. Am I to understand that it costs $45 to attend this thing?

I'm only interested in checking out the swap meet for a couple hours.

Don

it looks like the $45 is for the full weekend. a day pass is $5 per person or $10/family on friday or saturday

 
B

bluemetaldog

Guest
list of events...

http://www.cvmgparisrally.ca/events.html


Swap meet - all day Friday & Saturday

FRIDAY

1:30 Seminar - Electrical systems, basic troubleshooting of wiring, switches, relays, alternators, generators, batteries and a little on ignition systems

3:00 Seminar - Women Who Ride, riding, safety, packing, etc.

4:30 Road Run

7:00 Canadian Speedway Racing Association racing beside the Rally site
Entry fee charged by CSRA

7:00 Executive Meeting

SATURDAY

9-11:00 Trillium Reliability Run for Vintage Motorcycles

1:00 Motorcycle games

3:00 Vintage motorcycle display & ride past

1-5:00 Motorcycles on display for Concours Judging

5:30 - 6:30 Dinner - followed by Guest speaker - John Williams, Canadian, USA & World Champion Hillclimber

8:00 Concours awards & trophy presentation

SUNDAY

8:00am Breakfast run

9:30am Trials demonstration in swap meet area
 

grimz

TORONTO'S MOST WANTED
mcbrides goin out of bizzy sale was a nice treat.my daughter bought her first bucket there with her own loot and was so stoked about getting a reciept(she was only 3 and a half at the time)
also scored a killer deal on an alpinestars racing leather for my wife.vey good deal with 75% off
mcbrides should re-open just to have another sale like that.lol.
 

CanadaDan

1977 BMW R75/7 'Mojo'
grimz said:
mcbrides goin out of bizzy sale was a nice treat.my daughter bought her first bucket there with her own loot and was so stoked about getting a reciept(she was only 3 and a half at the time)
also scored a killer deal on an alpinestars racing leather for my wife.vey good deal with 75% off
mcbrides should re-open just to have another sale like that.lol.

That's quite a family you've got there! Good for you!
 

DTT Bike Of The Month Gallery

DTT Light or Dark

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com
shop.themotoworks.com
www.cognitomoto.com
https://www.townmoto.com
www.speedmotoco.com
www.lostapostle.ca/
www.sparckmoto.com
Top Bottom