CVMG 35th National Vintage Rally Jun 15 16 17 2007 - PARIS

grimz

TORONTO'S MOST WANTED
cheers n thnx
tryin to build a good riding family.my daughter loves bikes ,ever scince she could say modopsycho
she sees one go by and still to this day she yells,daddy look motorcycle motorcycle motorcycle.
hopefully she will be a future racer as i am tryin to build my own race team,i clean windows for a living and its all dumped into bikes.
my wife has a friend she use to sit for when she was younger and i think she will be our team mechanick.
so it will be a mostly girl run team,anyways if u see a girl rider kickin ass and her name is riley thomson thats my kid makin everyone eat dust
 

pyro139

1981 cb650c
grimz said:
cheers n thnx
tryin to build a good riding family.my daughter loves bikes ,ever scince she could say modopsycho
she sees one go by and still to this day she yells,daddy look motorcycle motorcycle motorcycle.
hopefully she will be a future racer as i am tryin to build my own race team,i clean windows for a living and its all dumped into bikes.
my wife has a friend she use to sit for when she was younger and i think she will be our team mechanick.
so it will be a mostly girl run team,anyways if u see a girl rider kickin ass and her name is riley thomson thats my kid makin everyone eat dust
just wish zdeno gave us warning and good sale when they shut few months before mc bride's they had like 10 650's sitting in salvage yard i wanted pick to bone :eek:
 

DrJ

Over 1,000 Posts
pyro139 said:
just wish zdeno gave us warning and good sale when they shut few months before mc bride's they had like 10 650's sitting in salvage yard i wanted pick to bone :eek:

They did have a blowout sale just before Christmas 2005 but it wasn't widely advertised. I scooped as much 350 stuff as I could.
 

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Yep - I bumped into Jay there - I wasn't building a 650 at the time so really didn't capitalize on the sale. Could have hauled home wet rained-on 550 engines to my hearts content but they'd be sitting in my garage right now wasting away.
 

kzromey

Been Around the Block
what time will this shindig run till on friday? might have to shoot up from work, saturday/sunday's booked for me. :(

. . . woops, just saw the BIG sign, lol! so it's a gated field and gates close at 5pm?? at work till 4pm.... ???
 

saucer

Coast to Coast
hey anybody going to this thing need a ride? i'm driving up friday morning, i was going with my business partner, but he just broke up the company, makes it a little awkward, i just want to see some old bikes , kinda weird , i'm in downtown t.o. i will pick you up, 416 543 9182,
 

pyro139

1981 cb650c
DrJ said:
They did have a blowout sale just before Christmas 2005 but it wasn't widely advertised. I scooped as much 350 stuff as I could.
was at that sale but but wasnt till months later they actualy closed, i got nice chrome arlen ness mirrors for $60(where stolen off bike :mad:)
and kevlar lined leather gloves for $50
 

grimz

TORONTO'S MOST WANTED
oh yeah this sucks,my truck aint goin nowhere.so i aint goin to the swap.
sux to b me . :(
im goin ridin.
 

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
It sucked anyhow. I spent a whopping $30 I think, 1/3 of which was on food :)
 

grimz

TORONTO'S MOST WANTED
lol,hmm givin me ideas ,is it a shiny chain??
kiddin would never touch anyones wheels,thats just goin overboard,i cant stand little punks who key cars, n break attenas, n pop wheels , an steal yur stero aftr smashn the windows boostin yur mirros vus there to stupid to work for the money to buy it .one of the few things my gramps taught me .dont mess with a mans ride.thats ass kickin stuff.
 

pyro139

1981 cb650c
grimz said:
lol,hmm givin me ideas ,is it a shiny chain??
kiddin would never touch anyones wheels,thats just goin overboard,i cant stand little punks who key cars, n break attenas, n pop wheels , an steal yur stero aftr smashn the windows boostin yur mirros vus there to stupid to work for the money to buy it .one of the few things my gramps taught me .dont mess with a mans ride.thats ass kickin stuff.
dont get me started on mirrors, had a set of custom chrome arlen ness signature beveled teardrops stolen off my bike :-[
 

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
No - for something like a chain I much prefer to buy one I know is new. There were some there, but not a huge selection. How do you break a chain?
 

grimz

TORONTO'S MOST WANTED
shitty deal on the arlen ness glass.id be huntin out other bikes n findin them ,any scratches u know u could recognise?

as for my chain.well.lol.kinda scary,kinda fun in the fact it let me know im still alive.almost sandwiched between a ttc driver watchin little 12 year old girls and a hydro truck im thinkin was on the end of shift.
well i pop my clutch tryin toget out from between them, gunnin it and i hear crunch.
ahhh man..i am so glad i was literally just gettin back home (happened at the exact same place i got hit by a benz on my brodie mountain bike.)
i dont think im going to go near there anymore.
bad corner,blind hill,not good combo.
im lookin for a new chain today maybe a really clean sparkly one would be cool or maybe a blue one or somethin.
of yeah and if you see a silver maryland car with its right side mirror broken thats from him side swipin me and my wife on thursday nite comin home from timmieson lakeshore .accident at at college and bathurst.
lucky i didnt kill him,im honkin and revvin the engine and yellin hheeeyyyy !!!!!clip.
manage to recover it keep on 2 wheels .punched his passenger window.got ahead of him and stopped him.get off and my wife is like pleease joe stay cool.i was off the bike so fast ,if she wasnt there to say that to me i probably would have pulled him out of the car and beat him senseless,yesterday saw a volvo get kicked by a rider who almost got side swiped the same way,dude was on a really loud hog ,now how do u not hear that comin?he wasnt too happy either cussed her out at the intersection.probably on a 30 thousand dollar hog.
nice bike just happy it stayed that way

luckky he didnt kill us.
 

pyro139

1981 cb650c
almost hit yesterday by a handicap bus, it decided to make a left turn at 60kph in a 30 zone on a steep hill with out stoping at light i had slam breaks to avoid her taking out my front end, so i just called the number on back of bus that all busses have to report bad bus drivers, kicking vehice is worst idea if they get more pissed than you they can run you over and kill you instantly,
my fave was still few weeks ago was on davenport at bathurst wait for light change bus trys pull out from bus stop, buddy beside me in suv decides the bus cant be infront of him so he drives thru the red light at full speed almost hit a motorcycle going north on bathurst, funny part was one of those white harleys with the little rotateing red light on the attena you know what ones i mean, he wasnt long putting on the flashing light.
 

CanadaDan

1977 BMW R75/7 'Mojo'
Truck... serves the bastard right ;D

Ness mirrors... that sucks... next set try red thread lock once you get them where you want them.
 

pyro139

1981 cb650c
CanadaDan said:
Truck... serves the bastard right ;D

Ness mirrors... that sucks... next set try red thread lock once you get them where you want them.
all ready got the tube lock tight, lucky was custom chrome arlen ness signature and not arlen ness brand cc signature $200 arlen ness brand $400
i paid $60 some guy decided trade his shadow two days after installing them for a harley sportster so instead keeping on bike zdeno tossed on some stock mirrors and sold me the cc's for $60.
i think i know whom thief was, our old building super was fired for stealing from tenants apartments, just before sheriff escorted him from building maybe a week before his buddy dropped v-star in drive way and busted mirrors then my mirrors vanished same day, since they took mirrors and not mounting bolts means either they had bolts or they had a harley or a yamaha thats uses different bolts.
but if bike was japbut not yamaha or europe even if had bolts a thief would still take bolts as back ups.
 
B

bluemetaldog

Guest
some shots from the swap meet
gas tanks anyone?





this one's worth a few pennies :D


noel's new ride



bits and pieces lying around







noel took seat covering 101 from this guy


and some bikes







:eek:

ok..couldn't resist the last one.

lol!
bought nuthin' but a hamburger. but the shots were worth it. 8)
 

DTT Bike Of The Month Gallery

DTT Light or Dark

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com
shop.themotoworks.com
www.cognitomoto.com
https://www.townmoto.com
www.speedmotoco.com
www.lostapostle.ca/
www.sparckmoto.com
Top Bottom