We noticed you are blocking ads. DO THE TON only works with community supporters. Most are active members of the site with small businesses. Please consider disabling your ad blocking tool and checking out the businesses that help keep our site up and free.
I have been invited to show this bike at The 1 Moto Show in Portland Oregon. So I decided to finish some upgrades I wanted to do from the beginning but shelved the ideas to get this bike on the road. School is finished for the semester so I have no access to the shop, but the show is in 5 weeks so I needed to make progress. Luckily I have cool friends with badass shops that are willing to let me use their tools to get this done. I have been working on a custom 1.5" over chromoly swingarm that is nearly finished. I machined the adjusters and pivot from scratch. Its a little a-symmetrical to deal with chain run, its not perfect but its a good first effort. My buddy recently bought a giant mill table (10'x4') and had it precision ground flat, which is what I used to setup the swing-arm layout on. I also am doing a custom rear brake setup, to ditch the heavy stock parts. I found a rear rotor off a '98 ZX6R and machined a carrier to adapt it to the rear wheel. I'm going to use a tiny Grimeca rear caliper to match the front calipers.
Ive been busy. rear end is finished and off to powder. I also designed and had these triples milled. I did the drilling, tapping, and slitting myself which cut the cost of the trees in half. i also changed my mind after i got the trees and decided to chamfer the edges to match the gascap rather than have fillets. did it all with files which gives them a "soft" look that i quite like. They are brushed to 400 and nearly ready to go off to anodization. you can see my mock-up lower bearing plug on the stem.
Holy crap the last two weeks have been a whirlwind. The one moto show was a blast! first pic is from 4 days before the show. cant believe i finished it in time.
heres everything I did for the show;
Tarrozi High clip ons
custom tirple clamps
re-clocked the exhaust and by doing so was able to eliminate an unnecessary bend, while simultaneously tucking the exhaust higher and tighter.
custom rear brake setup with grimeca caliper and brembo MC
converted rear wheel spacers to aluminum
fixed the leaking head-gasket
oversized pivot bolt (17mm)
bunch of stuff powdercoated, anodized and some fresh nickle plating on the head nuts and kiskstart lever.