Post a pic of your latest purchase

ridesolo

You only bear responsibility for your own actions
teazer said:
I read that as his head and the table both needed to be restored.. :)
There are lots of resto things that could be done to the night stand. What would you do w/ the head? By the book resto? Resto-mod? Full on swap put the brain, new head of hair? Bondo in the ear piercings, shave down the nose, LED eyes?
 

pidjones

Well-Known Member
Only have one piercing, and it's not in an ear. Brain replacement would be a waste in an almost 67 year-old frame. Maybe just a little maintenance to help keep it running for more enjoyable miles.
 

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
Picked up an sl70 and a z50a last weekend. The z50 has a Chinese motor with no compression, but the SL70 is in decent nic and will likely be Lennys one day.




 

adventurco

Nick Ol' Eye
DTT BOTM WINNER
Hurco550 said:
Picked up an sl70 and a z50a last weekend. The z50 has a Chinese motor with no compression, but the SL70 is in decent nic and will likely be Lennys one day.




That is a great score. I like the little SLs. Your z50 looks a bit better than mine did when I got it ;D
 

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
advCo said:
That is a great score. I like the little SLs. Your z50 looks a bit better than mine did when I got it ;D
Haha its actually in pretty good shape, and fairly complete less the wrong motor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 

adventurco

Nick Ol' Eye
DTT BOTM WINNER
Hurco550 said:
Haha its actually in pretty good shape, and fairly complete less the wrong motor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
is it a 76 or 77? By the time I rebuilt my engine I would've saved $100 and a lot of hours if I put a lifan in it. But I like to stick with Japanese.
 

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
advCo said:
is it a 76 or 77? By the time I rebuilt my engine I would've saved $100 and a lot of hours if I put a lifan in it. But I like to stick with Japanese.
This engine isn't a lifan, but its toasty anyways, so I may try to find a Honda lump. Not sure on the year, I'll look when I get back out to the garage at the new place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 

adventurco

Nick Ol' Eye
DTT BOTM WINNER
Hurco550 said:
This engine isn't a lifan, but its toasty anyways, so I may try to find a Honda lump. Not sure on the year, I'll look when I get back out to the garage at the new place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Cool. I may need to get some measurements for you since I'm going to have to end up straightening this frame I have.
 

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
advCo said:
Cool. I may need to get some measurements for you since I'm going to have to end up straightening this frame I have.
Any time man

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 

Rat_ranger

Active Member
Nice, I've got a pair of SL90s, not anywhere close to veing that nice. Eventually I'll have to put an wngine together for 1 and find an engine for the other.
 

hooligan998

Member
Hurco550 said:
Picked up an sl70 and a z50a last weekend. The z50 has a Chinese motor with no compression, but the SL70 is in decent nic and will likely be Lennys one day.




That SL70 is sweet. My first bike was one, only red.
 

Luugo86

'73 CB350, '78 XS650 Cafe Killer
Hurco550 said:
Picked up an sl70 and a z50a last weekend. The z50 has a Chinese motor with no compression, but the SL70 is in decent nic and will likely be Lennys one day.




Great score Hurc... I love that sl70.. I had a chance to get one a few years ago and I didnt pull the trigger and I really regret it haha.. how is the exhaust? if it is swiss cheesed then you got a hell of a score man.. grats!
 

bvander

Gold Coast, Queensland
Rad little engine.
I have a mate who is planning to put an engine like that into a boardtracker bicycle frame he made.
 

DTT Bike Of The Month Gallery

DTT Light or Dark

www.cognitomoto.com
https://www.townmoto.com
www.speedmotoco.com
www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com
www.lostapostle.ca/
www.sparckmoto.com
Top Bottom