The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Sneikz

Been Around the Block
Hi team

I've just updated my little booklet on the "Silver Bullet" with my own review of the bike (p13).

If you're interested it's located at:
Silver Bullet mods booklet: https://goo.gl/97mGRI

I'm happy to take criticism and I hope modders find some of the information useful.
 

Captain Bean

New Member
Sneikz...

Your little booklet is superb! A great read and great reference. It gave me the inspiration to go for first proper jaunt of the year (sunshine and dry!!!)

Unfortunately, the North Cotswold chapter of the Nissan Micra Owners Club have been reanimated by the recent sunshine and are out there prowling the lanes, cruising at the speed of beige!

Hey-ho!
 

scotchegg

New Member
Hey, thanks for the advice.
So
Ordered a 45 universal from classic bikes with a 35m adapter.
It didnt fit and rattled! But had a dodgy black cab garage make me a diy round plate which i squeezed into place and we seem holder for now :)

Sump plug seemed a little ofd, but added a copper washer and tightened up after adding fresh oil. Maden voyage went well, but i really miss not having mirrors!
Yes my bike was sold with out mirrors, any tips on replacements that work?

Thanks again
 

Sneikz

Been Around the Block
scotchegg said:
Hey, thanks for the advice.
So
Ordered a 45 universal from classic bikes with a 35m adapter.
It didnt fit and rattled! But had a dodgy black cab garage make me a diy round plate which i squeezed into place and we seem holder for now :)

Sump plug seemed a little ofd, but added a copper washer and tightened up after adding fresh oil. Maden voyage went well, but i really miss not having mirrors!
Yes my bike was sold with out mirrors, any tips on replacements that work?

Thanks again

Ebay is littered with mirror. I prefer bar end mirrors on turned down bars. It's now your classic cafe racer look.
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=bar+end+mirrors+7%2F8&_sop=15

I run the following:

http://r.ebay.com/4G1L7P
 

Sneikz

Been Around the Block
Captain Bean said:
Sneikz...

Your little booklet is superb! A great read and great reference. It gave me the inspiration to go for first proper jaunt of the year (sunshine and dry!!!)

Unfortunately, the North Cotswold chapter of the Nissan Micra Owners Club have been reanimated by the recent sunshine and are out there prowling the lanes, cruising at the speed of beige!

Hey-ho!

Ha Ha... Go beige!!

Glad you liked it. Thanks!
 

kevmaster

New Member
Hi Acethusiasts....

Winter and snow are leaving good old Bavaria and I am finishing my ACE to start...
Here are some pics, I made couple of hours ago. What have I done in the snowy months? Ok, I waited for Santa...but I also do something, to make my Baby beautiful.
Battery is gone, and a new airfilter. New footpegs...
But look at the pics.
Have a nice day. I am listening to a favorite song of mine: "lights out" from UFO and waiting for the sun to shine.



Rgds

Kev
 

Attachments

  • 20170319_125413.jpg
    20170319_125413.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 156
  • 20170319_125424.jpg
    20170319_125424.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 152
  • 20170319_125439.jpg
    20170319_125439.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 154

Sneikz

Been Around the Block
Nice work @kevmaster. You need to get rid of the ECG next. Keep warm. I'm sitting on my back deck in shorts and no shirt @ 22c
 

kevmaster

New Member
Hi Sneikz,
here is a better pic, where you can see the battery Change. At Moment, we have also around 20degrees, but this will Change next week. Yes, the ECG pisses me a lot. I think, this will be the next step. But also, I am planning to make my driver´s licence for motorbikes this summer. I never had the wish to sit on a bike, and now....I don´t want to get off...
Rgds
Kevin
 

Attachments

  • 20170330_073750.jpg
    20170330_073750.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 138

Beelzebub

New Member
Hey Guys just an update, did the EGR basically straight away but just bough a new exhaust to get rid of the CAT on it because that needed to go. Loving the new exhaust looks much better.
 

Attachments

  • P4040046-001.JPG
    P4040046-001.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 156
  • P4040045.JPG
    P4040045.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 147
  • P4040043.JPG
    P4040043.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 149
  • P4040042-001.JPG
    P4040042-001.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 154

Leon

New Member
Hi,

does anyone know who makes the exhaust system as pictured on page 34 for the Skyteam Ace?

Regards
Leon.
 

Sneikz

Been Around the Block
Beelzebub said:
Hey Guys just an update, did the EGR basically straight away but just bough a new exhaust to get rid of the CAT on it because that needed to go. Loving the new exhaust looks much better.

Looks good. On the list of items to do.
 

Sneikz

Been Around the Block
Today's mods consisted of replaceing the CDI unit and "Go-fast-red" grips.

I've loaded a few pics. Note the "Go-fast-red" milk crate. Had to chase the Milko three blocks before I caught him. More evidence that RED goes faster.
While the pic may show to some that the CDI is blue, it is in fact RED with a blue tinge. Michael Bee did offer to do a "special order" and attempt to source a bespoked RED one from his suppliers. Dead set this bloke goes the extra mile! Another reason to shop local.
At best the CDI change is 5 minutes, however with prior planning and a nice day, you should be able to stretch it out to 3 or so hours plus looking time.
I'd previously moved the CDI and solenoid up under the seat when I gutted and moved the battery some time back. I used high temp/hold double sided tape to attach to the original CDI mount. It has plenty of space and gets good air flow over the cooling fins.
The verdict:
GREAT!! Smoother acceleration, no flat spots with a better torque curve. IMHO. I'm no expert, but again this little bike has proved that you can consistently made relatively inexpensive mods that improve its performance. And a huge thanks to people like Michael from Skyteam Canberra & NSW who put the hard work into sourcing, testing and fabricating the mods.
 

Attachments

  • 20170408_120441.jpg
    20170408_120441.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 160
  • 20170408_121248.jpg
    20170408_121248.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
  • 20170408_122141.jpg
    20170408_122141.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 149
  • 20170408_131108.jpg
    20170408_131108.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 151

stroker crazy

crazy as a fox
Sneikz said:
this little bike has proved that you can consistently made relatively inexpensive mods that improve its performance …

Can only agree - every change leads to an idea for for yet another!

I've got three mods under way simultaneously with no time to complete even one.

Crazy
 

kevmaster

New Member
Hi Sneikz,
I am sure, the new grips will speed the bullit up. I hope, I can put on my heating tape the next days. Of Course, pics will follow.
And now, sun is shining...Gentlemen....Start your ACES..
Rgds
Kev
 

dyldo

New Member
Hi Gents,

Now that winter is coming it seems like a good time to be planning this years upgrades.

I have seen on facebook that Sky Team Canberra (Australia) sells a custom tuned and jetted carby, plug 'n' go.
Just curious if anyone has installed one and how it preforms?

Thanks
 

DTT Bike Of The Month Gallery

DTT Light or Dark

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com
shop.themotoworks.com
www.cognitomoto.com
https://www.townmoto.com
www.speedmotoco.com
www.lostapostle.ca/
www.sparckmoto.com
Top Bottom