Thanks. Interestingly, on my lightly crashed ST3, (same frame) I cut the frame at exactly the same point to insert a new lower frame rail - right in the middle of that cross piece, but I kept the stock top frame rail. My seat mount will probably be a little simpler though. Nice work. I'm still undecided if I'll go stock rear end or SSA.
Love that exhaust. Is it aftermarket or did you get it fabbed locally?
The biggest challenge I think will be to clean up the stock wiring mess and hiding what's left under the tank and seat.
Yes the wiring on the Ducati is over the top. The ignition module is huge and i reckon it'd be better to swap to a newer one thats 1/4 of the size. Then there is the connector in the harness that is in the fairing that has 26pins to be removed..
I love the SSSA but you probably guessed that by now.
Unfortunately mine is a DP (Ducati Performance ECU remapped for the DP pipes and airbox, so I'm reluctant to throw it out. Plus a new ECU needs to be matched to the immobiliser/key and instrument cluster and that starts to add up fast.
I also like the S2 or S4 Monster SSSA back end, but that's another 1200 bucks in parts and shipping which is more than I paid for mine, so that may have to wait for a while. I see you went with a Radical Ducati type seat mount. I'm trying to do something simpler if I can make it work, but may end up copying your design. The seat/frame/tank is an awkward transition with the huge tank, angled frame tubes and seat at a different angle. I thinlk I'm on mock up 1001 - or so it seems.
The seat is marked as an Enfield fibreglass seat ducktail. Cost $100 aud.
The frame lines were cut to remove the original seat subframe and the weld in the new ones.
I got a SSSA from the state for $250 so it was a bargain. Also needed a shock and wheel but the whole back end was about $800. Also rearsets about $250 2nd but like new.