Below is a high level rundown of my work life:
1. Driveway attendant at an Ampol service station (circa 1977),
2. Car detailer for a large car yard (man I hate cleaning cars now),
3. Royal Australian Mint - started a metallurgy journeyman which included,
- General floor hand
- Senior storeman
- Punch operator (punch out coin blanks from rolled metal)
- Press operator (press the heads & tails on above blanks)
- Roller operator (that's where we would roll bars of coin metal to the thickness of the coin)
- Furnace operator (electric furnace to melt the metals to make above bars)
- Hard chrome plating (for the surfaces of the dies used in coin press)
- Engraving (assist the engravers in the production of die faces (heads and tails))
- Production of proof coin (the real shiny coins with the frosted images)
- And time in the machine shop.
4. Worked in various government departments over 29 years.
- Mainframe computer operator - various levels (started as trainee)
- Datacentre shift leader
- Mainframe security specialist
- Gateway security specialist
- Server admin
- Service management specialist
5. Tried to retire 12 months ago... but
6. Dragged into my partners business and now a registered Real Estate Salesperson.
Also a very part time tinkerer on project Ol' Red