Got a little lathe time in making the extension for the bw200 front -hub-to-rear-hub conversion. I had to turn a bit of the drum side tube of the bw hub down to make clearance for the brake plate to rest on the inner bearing race itself instead of the tube. I then turned and bored one end of a piece of heavy tube to press fit over the hub, then bored the other end to fit the bearings and seals. Yes that's right, bearings, plural. The stock tw hub had two bearings side by side on the sprocket side of the hub. I figured the engineers had a reason for this, so I'd do the same, plus it means that it'll use all standard tw200 bearings for if they ever need replaced again. I also turned a shoulder on the o.d. so ill have a square shoulder to press and weld the sprocket carrier against. I drilled a few holes to plug weld the extension onto the hub and pressed it on and welded it up. Once it was welded, I put fresh bearings in with the stock tw spacer. I checked for run- out, and all 4 tabs are within .020", and the welded tube itself is within .003". I'm not sure how close the tabs were from the factory, so I'm not gonna sweat it too much.
Also, a cool dude from the dr650 facebook page sent me a stock white fender for the cost of shipping, so it matches the white front fender. (Stock rear wheel just mounted back on for some measurements)
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk