1977 BMW R100/7 Sarcoplasmic Cow Hellride

Started tacking together a plan for the exhaust. Most likely a reverse cone after the elbow and extending right about to the end of the frame.




Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2563.JPG
    IMG_2563.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 284
  • IMG_2564.JPG
    IMG_2564.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 298
irk miller said:
Adjustment for throttle and choke cables.




Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
pipes look so much better in this second pic. Looking great man.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
I forgot to post a pic of the other side. These engines aren’t symmetrical, so the headers can’t be either.




Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2567.JPG
    IMG_2567.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 274
I never noticed the left cylinder on those airheads sits just a bit farther forward until you posted that. I understand it, just never noticed it.
 
canyoncarver said:
I never noticed the left cylinder on those airheads sits just a bit farther forward until you posted that. I understand it, just never noticed it.

SAME here. I didn't notice until you wrote that.

The high pipes look great.
 
My reverse cones came in. Now it’s time to finalize the welds on the exhaust. I may add a few inches on length.




Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2699.JPG
    IMG_2699.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 259
  • IMG_2697.JPG
    IMG_2697.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 257
trek97 said:
The open mufflers or quiet cores?

I love the quiet cores on Cherry Bomb.
They call these straight core, where the outlet is the same size as the inlet.
 
I’m awaiting some bad ass heat shields
 
Nice, I think ending the tips at the end of the frame hoop might be the best visually. I like those cones.
 
I have a BSA fender that was pretty beat (some cracks and bubbling chrome), so I decided to give it a swing. It took some shaping under the seat to make it work, which I’ll show later. No doubt it’s a better look. Six more inches on the pipes, too.




Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2764.JPG
    IMG_2764.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_2768.JPG
    IMG_2768.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2765.JPG
    IMG_2765.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 293
Just pulled it back out of the barn. I’ve wavered a bit on direction, which made it hard to commit. I’m feeling pretty guilty about neglecting what was always a pretty reliable ride. I just bought a JD2 tubing bender though, so I can get more frisky with the frame.
32147CA7-C31D-47C1-B7E4-69B233D45220.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom