We noticed you are blocking ads. DO THE TON only works with community supporters. Most are active members of the site with small businesses. Please consider disabling your ad blocking tool and checking out the businesses that help keep our site up and free.
My new dash gauges arrived today and got a test fit in the dash. I need to modify the existing dash harness a little... it’s been hacked up a bit and I’ll need to add a ground wire jumper. I was able to pull the stickers off the old dash with a little heat and with some new adhesive, reuse them on the new dash, replacement decals are unavailable from what I gather in my searches.
I got out and cleaned up the wiring in the headlight bucket. The fuse/connection panel was just hanging in there so I had to pull the bucket to route a couple of Screws in from behind to secure it back where it should be and I made a new harness for the fairing instruments.
So the replacement switch ended up arriving today. It was functional but it was butt ugly. So I ended up cannibalizing it and along with my original switch ended up with a functional and good looking switch assembly.
I got my new rear tire installed and all the brakes replaced over the last few days. (And more cleaning and replacing of rusty bolts/washers/nuts). Until it gets warm enough to gas it up and run it and give it a proper tune... I guess I’m done with the refresh on this thing.