Well I got the oil changed and the bike cleaned back up and running well again so its time for a progress update with Photos!
Here was the oil filter mess from last night. I tried welding a new nut to the end of it but I could never get a good weld so the nuts just fell right off. So then I ground a slit in the nut and tried to spin it with a screw driver and a hammer...
After that didn't work I pretty much destroyed the bolt but got it off in the end.
As you saw a few months back I was working on the lath turning out some parts. I want to get some more lights on the back of the bike so this was a little idea that I had. I still have open frame tubes from where I cut the rear hump off so a made a plug to fill the pipe and drilled a hole in the center to fit a LED light.
I put a angle on the edge to dress it up a little and ran to radio shack and got some red LED's and the required resistors. (don't forget when wiring you own LED's the bike runs off 14V not 12V you will burn out the lights if you only resist for 12V) They will get powder coated black once they get wired up.
So here is the bike as she sits now.
Not much new except for the 1400 miles on it since iv had it. Not much for one summer but I have been working with another project that has been stealing time. So here are the plans for now.
Build a new rear fender, longer rear springs, dirt bike bars, move front breaded brake hose to the rear and get new front brake line, do some rewiring.
Not to much but just getting the bike ready for a "frame off" restoration. I want to do all of the modifications before I paint the frame and rebuilt the top end of the motor.