We noticed you are blocking ads. DO THE TON only works with community supporters. Most are active members of the site with small businesses. Please consider disabling your ad blocking tool and checking out the businesses that help keep our site up and free.
Decided to hack apart my seat unit after all this time, as the shape wasn't quite doing it for me anymore and when I figured out how I wanted the seat upholstery to look I realised I couldn't do what I wanted using it as it was. It's quite funny because the seat unit and cowl led the design from the start, but, design evolves and here we are. I think it's looking much better now by following the lines of the new frame. I'll be making a seat pan next.
Chopped up the unit, cut new lines and re-glassed the original bum stop back on. I made a pretty sloppy paper template along the way to try and check the looks.