Paintitallred CB550 Scrambler Build

Tifun

Indy
Re: Paintitallred CB550

Headlight pics.

f868310aec64d307d751364d025619aa.jpg
5fa0053e9f47f35cefc563e65ca1065c.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

trek97

No Custom Title
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Paintitallred CB550

Keith I wasnt too sure where this project was headed.
But seeing it w the windshield and sissy bar...Its actually quite neat looking. 8)
 

Tifun

Indy
Re: Paintitallred CB550

trek97 said:
Keith I wasnt too sure where this project was headed.
But seeing it w the windshield and sissy bar...Its actually quite neat looking. 8)
It's kinda of a homage build towards scramblers and full on adventure bikes. Not great in either area but a blend that hopefully takes me down some gnarly paths with some awesome stories to absorb.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

trek97

No Custom Title
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Paintitallred CB550

Tifun said:
It's kinda of a homage build towards scramblers and full on adventure bikes. Not great in either area but a blend that hopefully takes me down some gnarly paths with some awesome stories to absorb.

I can totally see it bro. It looks old school adv machine. 8)
 

Tifun

Indy
Paintitallred CB550

Decals made by my buddy. Well. One anyway lol.
6420e83e45dcea230600139e4df06ff6.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the Ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Paintitallred CB550

Tifun said:
All I need is a new seat and I'll be satisfied with this. If you have a clean 550 seat please let me know.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a pretty clean king queen seat. It is really pretty majestic actually. Somehow I don't think that's the style your going with though lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 

Tifun

Indy
Re: Paintitallred CB550

HURCO550 said:
I have a pretty clean king queen seat. It is really pretty majestic actually. Somehow I don't think that's the style your going with though lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yeah. While I bet it's the most comfortable seat in existence I'm looking for that OEM look haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Tifun

Indy
Re: Paintitallred CB550

Looks like I'm in BOTM again. Go vote for me!!!

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=73428.0


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

smarsh

Been Around the Block
Re: Paintitallred CB550

Nice work, looks neat!
Do you know how those side covers came to be? I've never seen screw mounted ones on a 550 before, has there been some fiberglass work done on the backsides? Pics of the alterations would be cool.
 

Tifun

Indy
Re: Paintitallred CB550

Bootsey said:
Nice work, looks neat!
Do you know how those side covers came to be? I've never seen screw mounted ones on a 550 before, has there been some fiberglass work done on the backsides? Pics of the alterations would be cool.
They are repops made by Maier. Not sure if they make them anymore. I'll get some pics the next time I pull one off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

smarsh

Been Around the Block
Re: Paintitallred CB550

Tifun said:
They are repops made by Maier. Not sure if they make them anymore. I'll get some pics the next time I pull one off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh cool, thanks - I see them listed on DCC & 4into1.
 

Tifun

Indy
Re: Paintitallred CB550

Bootsey said:
Oh cool, thanks - I see them listed on DCC & 4into1.
Rad, they are super nice build quality imo. I'd get them again if needed.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

Tifun

Indy
Re: Paintitallred CB550

Powdered parts Harley textured black tonight to tidy up loose ends. Also coated Mothgils after setting his fender up yesterday too. Just about ready for the Thakar.
e52271ba17d41821a308a35de08dd7db.jpg
874309d648a54ff5f2b634cc8aa1b6e7.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the Ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Paintitallred CB550

Tifun said:
All I need is a new seat and I'll be satisfied with this. If you have a clean 550 seat please let me know.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=73489.0;topicseen
 

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the Ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
Tifun said:
Too much! I can get a repop for a little more coin :(


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I figured it was, seemed steep to me, but I wasn't sure of the market on original seats.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 

DTT Bike Of The Month Gallery

DTT Light or Dark

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com
www.cognitomoto.com
https://www.townmoto.com
www.speedmotoco.com
www.lostapostle.ca/
www.sparckmoto.com
Top Bottom