FZR600 fighter

JRK5892 said:
thanks for the tip on HID! did not know that!

Yep, kind of like turning on a flourescent light in a shop...kind of flickers at first then works great. The ones you're getting only pull 35 watts, but they are 6000k bulbs....BRIGHT. Can't wait.
 
Now if you go ahead and trick that black paint instead of putting it off, you may have the most trick fighter I have ever seen. I guess if I want to see it done I will have to talk to the boss, whats Maria's # again? Hahahah!

Joe, being serious, this thing is honestly awesome! These little details that are getting done now (despite you not wanting them done for money, time, and effort concerns) are really what will set this fighter on a pedistal high above others! The paint is all that is left, and it will look great! I am about to post some pics of satin black on gloss black tribals I did on my helmet in hurley's helmet help thread in loungin, check it in a few to see! This is what you and I discused on the fighter, I think you will like it!

Great work as always, and go acewell dude, they are better, cheaper, and proven! No speedo cable needed with them either! Look at the 3700 series! it is a bit narrower than a
 
tWistedWheelz said:
oops got cut off, its a bit narrower than a vapor!

Dude....define better.

I've had three Vapors that survived thousands of miles of abuse offroad including several lunfriendly desert races. None failed, they all worked as required and they are EASY to read. The Acewell looks neat but I can get the Vapor for under a hundred, in my hand. Acewell...not so much.
 
Swagger said:
Dude....define better.

I've had three Vapors that survived thousands of miles of abuse offroad including several lunfriendly desert races. None failed, they all worked as required and they are EASY to read. The Acewell looks neat but I can get the Vapor for under a hundred, in my hand. Acewell...not so much.

Well swagger, you may sway me. I saw vapors for about two to three hundred for the digi display and the propper connections for speed and RPM, plus indicators. I can get an acewell that does all that for $150! Proven I say because I have had a few people give me positive testimonials, much along the lines of yours to the vapor, and all very good feedback on the net. I say better because I have read in some of the fighter forums that the vapors are hard to set-up and sometimes give false RPM readings and speed readings. Most of the vapors were originally designed for single cylinder dirt bikes and enduro's and their programming for multiple cylinder bikes is off. Now that is just hear say, I have no hands on with either brand. If you say it is better, and you know from hands on, then I am with you! You know your my hero, I would believe you if you said the sky was falling chicken little!
 
well i just priced them both out, either way i am looking at around 185 getting it to my house... to be honest the Vapor seems to be the better deal, comes with everything, including temp sensors, speed sensors, indicator light housing and mount plate. for now i am going to keep the stock set up. move the headlight closer... if we keep the fighter i will change it over, but if it sells as fast as it looks like it will, or trades... then i am not going to add the digital guages. as far as the gloss black added to it, the current buyer that i have lined up for it is a huge fan of the plain black paint, so till i know what is going to happen with the bike i am going to hold off, may add some tribal gloss black decals for now to give him an idea of what it will look like without having to repaint it.
plan for when i get back from missiouri (move headlight!)
 
most likely... you have to understand, i have 8 bikes, they need to go, wife wants a Harley or a bigger cruiser. Besides i love to build... so we will rock this for a while and see what happens, everything is always for sale (except my harley) hell i even have custom cut for sale signs that go on them as soon as they are done, if someone wants it bad enough they will ask. would amaze you what people offer when they love a bike and it has a small for sale decal stuck on it somewhere.
It will be around for a while, dont worry :)
 
i totaly get it man, i too have been thinkin of selling, i have so many ideas i hate not to be able to use.

whoever buys your bike is sure gonna be lucky!
 
I like how this turned out. Im not typically a fighter fan, but somehow you made a tasteful fighter yet still used a really loud color!
 
wait till you see the color in person bud... just BANGS!!!

spoke to swagger, think i got the headlight deal under lock. i am going to take some extra alum sheet that i have and just give it a run to see if i like how it looks tucked up in there with the stock guages.... not going to spend much time so it will not be all that pretty . but i want to try to get it cleaned up... if it does not get it close enought i will ditch the speedo and crap for the digital... we will see!
 
Hold up there Brando...I dunno 'bout better, but bang for the buck it's tough to beat, especially on a fighter...it just looks right. I actually like the looks of the Acewell round better for a cafe.
I hadn't heard of RPM errors, perhaps that's with the plug wire wrap method? Interesting.
My experience is only single cylinder bikes, offroad so who knows for certain. That being said.....I have one of each coming for a couple of my bikes. I might just hang'm both on the same bike and see how they actually do on a multi-cylinder streeter.

Joe...I know exactly how it is man. I go thru bikes like some people go thru women.
 
well, tried and failed last night to move the lamp closer... simply will not move any closer with the stock guages and look right, i can move it about 2 inches closer but the guage pod does not hide behind the front cowl and it looks horrible, so scrapped that idea and went back to how it was.... looks like i will get the digital guages later down the line (after the HD is done)
on a plus side, tossed the passenger seat on last night and the wife and i went out riding... was a BLAST! i forgot how well she rides passanger on a rocket, we hit an on ramp at 65 in 3rd and i was at 90 in 5th by the time we came out of it... ya ya ya safety and all that, we where in full gear, and she has been on me to get after it with her on the back... so I did... was a great time....
later that night we went for a drink at a local bar... the bike was a SMASH! you should have seen the owners face when i pulled off the helmet and it was ME under there on a rocket and not the chop, vintage, or the HD... he just stated to laugh! people LOVED it, they where taking pics with it, and even had 3 offers to buy, may take one to be honest, we will see if he was legit and not BS'n
very pleased with how it came out... so many people where amazed that i ran NOS on a bike, ha ha ha did not have the heart to tell them that was just the overflow!
 
200 bucks to title and liscense a bike in IL... so crappy!
man i was expecting like $100 then i could use the extra $ for the guages... looks like i am back to saving... so lame! ooh well better to be legal and have legit plates on it then to get busted rockin fake plates!
 
Do you still have the original headlight and front fairing? If you can't move the new headlight in, it would look better IMO to re-use the original front fairing - but trim it down a bit. That way you'll have the stock gauges and it won't look goofy. Just a thought ;)
 
never came with any plastics... i got nothing... not worried about it, i do not mind, it is fine for now, got to wait a week or so and i will order the digital guages... putting my HD motor together this weekend, so i am not sure how much the figher will move after it is done :)
 
my brother took her for a rip last night... he was a HUGE fan!
33db0y9.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom