1974 CB360 Fallin' Ditch Hell Ride

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
Finally covered the seat with a grip cover and padding. Still waiting on tank emblems to arrive in the mail. Then a couple little bits here and there. Trying to decide if I want to wrap the headers or paint them.




Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
 

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
advCo said:
This thing is bitchin'

Needs some custom utilitarian badges.
Thanks, my man. I left some stock mounts in hopes to build a rack and/or side bag mounts one of these days.
 

crazypj

Split personality, I fake being smart
How are you holding the GL Dyna into head? Only one screw? I had to make a few mods to get it to fit with both screws holding things down.
Oh, about dual lead coil, no it won't work (in case you don't believe it, try putting plug cap from #4 cyl on #2 cyl on an inline 4 with dual lead coils
 

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
crazypj said:
How are you holding the GL Dyna into head? Only one screw? I had to make a few mods to get it to fit with both screws holding things down.
Not sure how well the pics show it. I filed a shallow groove where the sensor and the baseplate meet. I machined a cap screw head down to fit and I ovaled the hole on a washer.





Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
 

canyoncarver

'hacking is learning'
irk miller said:
Finally covered the seat with a grip cover and padding. Still waiting on tank emblems to arrive in the mail. Then a couple little bits here and there. Trying to decide if I want to wrap the headers or paint them.




Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
I think the headers would look good with black hi temp paint.
 

crazypj

Split personality, I fake being smart
irk miller said:
Not sure how well the pics show it. I filed a shallow groove where the sensor and the baseplate meet. I machined a cap screw head down to fit and I ovaled the hole on a washer.





Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
I machined a piece of alloy then used a long screw to clamp on the top of module.
Also slotted points cover to get better airflow but one module failed after less than 1000 miles so gave up and went back to points
 

Attachments

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
crazypj said:
I machined a piece of alloy then used a long screw to clamp on the top of module.
Also slotted points cover to get better airflow but one module failed after less than 1000 miles so gave up and went back to points
I like the way you mounted yours better. I might have to steal that. Much cleaner and prettier than what I've done.

We'll see how long this one lasts. Only reason I went through the trouble was because I already had it on the shelf from a trade several months before. I've tried to keep this build under $500. My GL won't see the road for at least another year, either. Up to this point, I've been running it with no cover. I made a spacer to gap the cover so it clears. Thought about just making it so the cover stands off.
 

crazypj

Split personality, I fake being smart
I've got a 1/8" alloy spacer on mine. Wasn't too difficult to cut from a piece of plate I had kicking around
 

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
It's kinda like putting lipstick on a pig, but I got the exhaust all painted and cleaned up.




Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
 

DTT Sponsors

www.dimecitycycles.com
www.cognitomoto.com
https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers
www.speedmotoco.com
www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com
www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com
www.lostapostlejewelry.com
www.sparckmoto.com
Top Bottom