Been putting in a little work. Mounted the new tank. The stock mounts on the new tank were too long so I cut them and drilled a 1/4 hole in each one. I drilled a hole through the frame, ran a tube through it. A piece of 1/4-28 threaded rod then slides through the tank mount and the frame. An acorn nut on either side keeps it secure. I cut down the rear mount tab on the tank and drilled a hole that fits over what was the forward seat mount stud. I’ll have to drill another hole and relocate the seat hinge just a little aft.
I cut down my headlight ears. They aren’t perfect but they’ll work for now. I stuck the gauge on the tree opposite of the choke cable. I don’t really like it being off center, there was just a convenient mount hole for the moment.
I still need a front brake hose and then I think I can give it a test ride. It’s 10 days until the Meltdown in Hendersonville. Between now and then I need to finish up odds and ends, strip it, clean it and throw some paint on it. Sprint to the finish!
Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON