The Amalgam: honda past meets present, take 2! or 3?

Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

on the stator....

ricks has a kit for the cb360. I've used it in a cb175 and a cb200 before with good results.

http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/part/99-101/NzZIb25DQjM2MA==
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

Think i need a lift lol
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160610_145223.jpg
    IMG_20160610_145223.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 364
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

xulf13 said:
Finally, more photos!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha progress is going to be slow, I have time to put in yet in the motor disassembly, lots of grinding on the frame, but I think like $1,000 a month is the most I can do right now. This might lead to lots of tlc on individual parts, such a sanding out the casting marks in the bottom triple, taking the anodizing off the top triple, and bringing both to a high polish since it's obviously very little money and a ton of labor.
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

Looking forward to how this turns out.

Keep up the good work man
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

Nothing exciting, but I have been doing some research in my off time. paul with c5 ignitions is interested in making an ignition for the bike, and he said he'd likely offer powerarc ignitions for all the honda twins once the kinks are worked out. The better news is he said a friend of his just used a powerarc to supply crank position for a microsquirt system, worked perfectly. It's good to know if i cant get the honda ecu to work there is a good plan b!
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

jag767 said:
Nothing exciting, but I have been doing some research in my off time. paul with c5 ignitions is interested in making an ignition for the bike, and he said he'd likely offer powerarc ignitions for all the honda twins once the kinks are worked out. The better news is he said a friend of his just used a powerarc to supply crank position for a microsquirt system, worked perfectly. It's good to know if i cant get the honda ecu to work there is a good plan b!

excellent news. would love a solution to CM400T's as those things are at a point now where a lot of them are burning up stators and CDI's with no replacements available besides other used ones.
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

focusinprogress said:
excellent news. would love a solution to CM400T's as those things are at a point now where a lot of them are burning up stators and CDI's with no replacements available besides other used ones.

I know Paul isnt into stators, but i can ask about cdi's.
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

I had to google Power Arc. Looks like that would be the ticket to go with FI. Cycle X has machined adapters to fit on the DOHC. Pretty neat stuff.
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

clem said:
I had to google Power Arc. Looks like that would be the ticket to go with FI. Cycle X has machined adapters to fit on the DOHC. Pretty neat stuff.

They are indeed. I have one on my 350f, great unit, easy to install too. I haven't spoken to anyone else about them, but c5 ignitions really knows their shit. I really recommend Paul to anyone in need of a knowledgeable source.
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

jag767 said:
I know Paul isnt into stators, but i can ask about cdi's.

the CDI is triggered by a pulse generator that's built into the stator mounting/wiring. the pulse generator and CDI are prone to failure and then the only gig that used to repair them has been turning down the repair as of late RMstator.com)

there's one guy called CDImagician making new CDI's for them, but when the pulse generator fails there's no no recourse but another used one. I assume it might be tough to find a way to get a powerarc working on the cm400/cb400t due to the nature of the design
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

This is interesting

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SP-TAKEGAWA-FI-CON-Injection-Controller-HONDA-MONKEY-/162090112610?hash=item25bd52d662:g:-~oAAOSwfcVUK5Nl
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

Tune-A-Fish said:
This is interesting

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SP-TAKEGAWA-FI-CON-Injection-Controller-HONDA-MONKEY-/162090112610?hash=item25bd52d662:g:-~oAAOSwfcVUK5Nl

Indeed it is Tune.

Not much to report, haven't had much time, and what little time I have had has gone to messing with my 350f. Got a little engine upgrade in the works, with higher compression pistons and a different cam. Should be back on the 450 shortly.
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

xulf13 said:
So, you're no longer going with the CB450 motor?

Let's call it plan b. Got a great deal on the motor to match those throttle bodies, had to buy it. If all goes south, it's a great backup!
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

Yep... So many start the process and give up. That's why I don't even start it


Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
 
Re: Fuel injected Cb450 build

Woah there everyone, it's a plan b incase plan a winds up going down in flames. For $500 I got a 2014 cb500x motor shipped to my door ready to run. If all else fails, I can still make a killer bike with it.
 
Back
Top Bottom